The Verizon FiOS Router is an equipment that you can use to ensure you have a high-speed network, whether in your house or workplace. The Router operates with an Optical Network Terminal instead of a modem. Even though the Router will offer you many interesting advantages, you must know some basic things about it, so you do not get stranded while using it.
In this guide, I will carefully explain Verizon FiOS Router Login’s instruction, the default IP Address, configuration, default username, and password. Finally, how can you reset the password in case you forget it?
Verizon FiOS Router Login Instructions
One of the basic and vital things you need to know is how to access the Verizon FiOS. Because it is through the page that you can only manage your settings and the internet. To make things easier, you can follow the steps below to log in.
- First, you must know your default username and password. You can either find them in the user guide or at the side of the Router.
- Then you have to connect to the Router either through a wired or wireless connection.
- After establishing a connection with your Router, open your web browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Press ENTER, and you will be redirected to the login page.
- After accessing the login page, then you can input the default username and password into the appropriate fields.
- Once you are logged into the Router, you can access and manage all settings to set up your Router correctly. However, you should always change the password to make it more secured.
Verizon FiOS Router Login Default IP
Before you can access the Verizon FiOS Router login page, you need to know the default IP address. You can also see it at the bottom of the Router or in the user guide. The Verizon FiOS Router Login Default IP Address is “192.168. 1.1”
Verizon FiOS Router Login Default username and password
As explained earlier, the default username and password can be found printed on the Router side, or you can get it in the user guide. The default username is always admin (lower case), and the password can be anything simple. It could be 1234 or a password, and sometimes it could be nothing.
Verizon FiOS manual router configuration
Once you have access to your Verizon router, there are many settings options available for you. However, to configure the router, click on wireless settings to change your network name (SSID) and password because you will need it to connect to the internet.
Then you can head over to MY NETWORK tab to set up your internet connection. Under this tab, you will select the type of connection based on the one provided by your internet service provider. Then you can properly enter all your details to establish the internet connection. Other setting options available are Firewall and Parental Control. The firewall configuration assists you in filtering internet traffics to protect your Router from hackers.
While Parental control allows you to restrict access to specific websites and even helps you to prevent some devices from connecting to your Router. Furthermore, if you are a Parent, it allows you to monitor your children’s activity online.
Resetting your Verizon FiOS Router Password in case you forget it
You can change your password to make your router more secure, but there are some cases when you forget it. If this is your case, then you would need to restart and reconfigure the Router. Below are the steps you can follow to reset your password when forgotten:
- Every Verizon router has a reset button, normally you can find them at the back of the device. But if you have a problem locating it, you can check the user guide or search online for your model.
- Look for a small or tiny object like a pin or a needle. Then use it press the reset button for more than 10 seconds. The next thing you will notice is the light blinking for some seconds before the Router goes off and on again.
- Afterward, you can open a browser, log into the router with the default password, and start the configuration again.
About Verizon FiOS Router
The Verizon FiOS Router features a technology that operates via fiber optic cables connected to an Optical Network Terminal (ONT) box in your home. The Optical Network Terminal Box provides the internet and makes modem unnecessary. However, ONT boxes do not offer wireless coverage that is needed by the modern network
With this guide, you will be able to have an enjoyable experience using your and you to have quick and easy access to the Verizon FiOS Login Page. Asides from that, it will also help you to have an understanding of the various settings that are available on your Router.
Useful Video Tutorials
Change Password and Router Name | Verizon FiOS Wireless Router