Are you trying to access your router IP address 192.168.1.1 and don’t know how? Are you struggling to find your router’s IP address? Do you want to recover your router’s username and password, but can’t figure out how? Well, look no further.
Below are five easy steps that will help you in this regard and also help you in modifying security settings for your Internet connection.
Before we jump into the steps, let us try to understand the meaning of IP address. It is a string of numbers (usually 4 strings of numbers) segregated by dots that uniquely identifies every computer using the Internet Protocol to interact with other devices over a network. In other words, an IP address is a unique address for your computer so that the Internet knows where to send your important data like emails, pictures of your family, and professional documents.
The 5 EASY Steps to Access 192.168.1.1 :
- Click on http://192.168.1.1 or type in 192.168.1.1 as the URL in your web browser’s address bar.
- If you get an error or a blank page, then, it implies that 192.168.1.1 is not your router IP address. You need to find out your router IP address. To do so, check the sticker pasted on your router’s base which has the address written on it along with the default username and password of the router. If you can’t locate the sticker, check out routers IP address list and look up yours.
Besides that… The way to find out your router’s IP address also depends on the kind of device or platform you are using.
Steps given below will guide you to find out the IP address via different operating systems and devices:
Go to search and type ‘cmd‘ to open the command prompt. Type ‘ipconfig‘ on the screen once the black window appears in front of you. Go through the displayed result and look for default gateway address.
The easiest steps for verifying your router’s IP are as follows:
Click on Apple icon (on the topmost left corner of your screen)
Select ‘System Preferences’
Click on ‘Network’
Choose the appropriate network connection
Select ‘Advanced’ button
Press the ‘TCP/IP’ menu to view the IP address on the right-hand side of the router
Follow the steps in order:
Go to: Applications
Go to System Tools
Click on Terminal
Type ‘ipconfig’ on the black screen that appears in front of you.
The router’s IP address will be mentioned next to ‘inet addr’.
Follow the steps in order if you are a iOS9 and iOS8 user:
Go to Settings
Go to WiFi and select your wireless network that is the one you are currently connected to
Go through the DHCP area to identify your router’s IP address
There is some third-party application known as Wi-Fi Analyzer, which is the simplest way to figure out IP addresses for Android users. You must first download the application to proceed further. After downloading the app, click on ‘View’ menu, then select ‘AP list’. You’ll observe Connected to: Desired Network Name. Once you click it, a window will appear displaying the information of your network, consisting the IP address of your router.
Follow these simple steps to determine your IP address:
On the taskbar of your browser, press the notification area
Then, click on ‘Connected to: [Network Name]’ from the list that appears on your screen
Choose the name of your wireless network
Next, click on the ‘Network’ tab to display the results, including the IP address of your router
- Once you know your router’s IP address, type it out in the address bar of your web browser. It will direct you to the login panel where you can enter the username and password for your router.
- In case you don’t remember the username and password, you can recover them by following the steps given below. Also, if you haven’t changed the default credentials of your router that come with it, you can enter the username and password written on the sticker (mentioned in step 2) or look up router default usernames and passwords list. Most of the times username is ‘admin’ and password is also ‘admin’.
- Once you are in the admin portal, you can easily modify all the internet settings and router configurations.
Here is a tutorial video on how to access your router…
Recovering Admin login password
If you don’t remember the login password you can simply try admin in the user field and password field as that is the most commonly used password in many routers. You should bare in mind that every router is configured with different credentials.
If this method fails, you can look at the back of the router as often the user name and password are written at the back of the router.
If neither of these methods work you can opt for the hard reset method to revert the router’s credentials to the default ones by doing the following:
- Look for the reset button in your router, usually you will find it too small to press it with your finger so you can use a pen or paperclip to help.
- Hold the reset button for about 10-15 seconds until the router reboots then release it
- As the router reboots connect to the router and then go to 192.168.1.1 and login with the default user and password , you can look it up from here , if it is not available contact your ISP and ask for it.
- Further configuration may be required from the ISP ) so it’s recommended to contact them before the reset process.
Changing Admin login password
Now that you have logged in successfully you will find many tabs and options to select from ( each router model has different layout ). Look through Security / WLAN tabs until you find SSID and key (password) fields. Now type the desired password in the key (password) field and hit save/submit. The router will restart and you are all done.
In this article i guide you through simple steps to login to your router ip address 192.168.1.1 … I hope you know by now how to login to your router.. If you still have any question or a problem comment below and i am more than happy to help you solve it..
You can read more about routers and its configuration in site home page …