How to Configure your HughesNet Router
As time passes, our generation advances. Ever experience having trouble with our revolutionized devices? I’ve been there. I’ve had trouble with smartphones, devices, and even routers.
Are you having trouble with the HughesNet Router Login page? Or is it the configuration settings of your router? Are you not sure about what to do about it? If you’re looking for a guide that could help you with your problems, then you’ve come to the right site!
I’m more than willing to help you solve those problems, and I can assure you that you’ll be able to use your router swiftly in no time.
HughesNet Router Login Instructions
Logging into your HughesNet router is the first step you need to do if you want to change your router’s username and password or customize some of its settings. The following are the steps in doing so:
- Connect your device with an internet connection. Internet connection is very important since you’ll need this to proceed with the next step.
- Launch a web browser. It could be anything like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc. I’ve been using Chrome ever since, but it really doesn’t matter, and it’s up to you to choose what you use since the HughesNet Router Login page is accessible by any web browser.
- Type in your router’s IP address in the URL bar. Your IP address is provided by HughesNet and can also be found at the back of your router. After typing so, you’ll automatically be directed to your router’s login page.
- Enter your login information. You’ll be using the given default username and password of your router.
Simple, isn’t it? After doing those steps, you’re already free to change anything with your router.
HughesNet Router Default IP
The majority of HughesNet routers have an IP address of 19168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1. If you try entering this on your address bar and you’ve encountered some problems, your router must have a different IP address. You can try checking the back of your router since IP addresses are always printed on the labels at the back of a router.
Typing an IP address in your address bar will automatically direct you to the login page. This also works with other routers such as the brand Motorola. They’ve also mentioned this on their Motorola Modem Login guide.
HughesNet Router Default Username and Password
If it’s your first time buying a router, then surely you won’t have any clue about the login credentials of your account. I also had no idea about my username and password with my first purchase. Every brand that sells routers provides its buyers with a default username and password. Surely, HughesNet also has one for you!
Default username: — (Leave the space blank.)
Default password: admin
I’d suggest that after you’ve logged in into your account, change the username and password. You won’t need to worry about anyone accessing your account. Additionally, it’d be more secure, and information about your router will be private and for you to know only.
Manually Configuring your HughesNet Router for Internet Access
Follow these steps in configuring your HughesNet router for internet access:
- Connect your computer to a wireless access point if you haven’t done so.
- Then, click the wireless network icon. This is the one in the Windows System Tray that has five bars. After you click the wireless network icon, a screen will appear with the access points showing it as an available wireless network.
- Double click the icon so that the access point can connect.
- Finish the connection by entering your security password. If necessary, you may refer to your wireless access point’s user guide for assistance with configuration.
- Disable the access point’s DHCP server. If possible, you could set it in a way that it can obtain an IP address automatically. Usually, wireless access points have those settings by default.
- Connect your HughesNet modem with an Ethernet cable to your wireless access point.
- Reboot your computer. This will renew your computer’s IP address and will also let your computer have full access to the shared internet connection.
Once done with those steps, you’re free to do anything you’d want for your router. You can change the name of your router, your account’s username and password, customize the settings, and other more.
Resetting your HughesNet Router
I know a lot of people can sometimes forget the passwords to their accounts. Not just them, but I’ve also forgotten some of the passwords to my accounts once. No matter how many times I’ve tried and guessed my password, it just won’t come out correctly. You’ll never know, this might happen for you and your router.
Lucky for you, I’m right here to help you whenever that time comes. Here’s how to reset back to your HughesNet Router’s factory defaults:
- Make sure your HughesNet router is powered on.
- Search for the “Reset” button of your router. They are usually found at the back of routers under their labels.
- Hold and press the “WPS” button on the modem.
- While doing the third step, press and release “Reset” button by using a paper clip or anything similar.
- Hold the “WPS” button of your router until the LEDs of your router starts to light. This process takes only about 30 seconds.
- To verify if you’ve successfully reset your HughesNet Router, log back into your router’s Wi-Fi segment. Check if the SSIDs and passwords for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels are similar to the labels at the back of your router.
That’s how you reset your HughesNet Router. Do remember, once you’ve reset your router, you’ll be back to zero again and will be using all the default settings and account credentials.
About HughesNet Router
HughesNet is one of those quality internet service providers. With their routers, they can help you connect with the world and your special people. With a compatible router and modem, you’re sure to have a great experience when using them.
How fast is the HughesNet Internet service?
- The HughesNet Internet offers a download sped of 25 Mbps and upload speeds of 3 Mbps.
Does this work with static IP?
- No. Static IP does not work with this service.
The HughesNet router is surely worth your purchase. Have it installed in your home, and enjoy its great services! Not to mention, the HughesNet Router Login site is easy to access, as well. I hope this guide has helped you with your difficulties.