Not good with these modernized devices nowadays? I’ve been on the same boat. Modern technology can be very hard to grasp, and without the proper knowledge, you’d be a lost person scrolling the internet for answers.
Luckily, for you, I’ve prepared a guide about Belkin Router Login, installations, configurations, and such. Without further ado, let us start!
Belkin Router Login Instructions
Logging into your Belkin Router can be done with these easy and simple steps:
- Firstly, make sure you’re connected with your Belkin router’s network. It can either be through an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi. Note, connecting your device through an ethernet cable will enable you not to require passwords.
- Open a web browser and type your router’s IP address. All routers have a default IP address. For the Belkin Router Login, we use 192.168.2.1 – this is the most common IP for Belkin routers.
Remember! As I’ve said, that is the common IP for most Belkin routers; this means that you might purchase a Belkin Router with a different IP address. If so, you can quickly know your IP address by directing to whatsmyrouterip.com and searching for the “Router Private IP” value.
All routers would need an IP address to login. The website mentioned above can also be used when you’re curious about other brands – such as learning about Arris Router Login.
- Enter your username and password. If you’re not sure about the credentials, you can look at the back of your router – it’s printed on the label. You can also look at their website for the default credentials.
That would be it! You can now start changing the settings and even change your credentials to secure your router.
Belkin Router Default IP
Let’s start with an introduction to IP addresses. IP stands for “Internet Protocol,” and IP address is the number of a network that receives and sends data once connected through any network cable.
Belkin Router typically have 192.168.2.1 as their default IP address. Other models, however, are provided with a different number. You can know one’s IP address by searching the back of your router. Once you’ve entered the IP address on your web browser, you’d then be redirected to a site that will need your login credentials. Take note. The website can vary depending on your router’s model.
Belkin Router Default Username and Password
Belkin’s routers mostly are set with a default username of admin, and a default password of password. But as I’ve mentioned before, Belkin also provided some of their models with different login credentials. Here is a list of its examples:
|Model||Default Username||Password||IP address|
|BoB (F1PI243EGau, iinet)||admin||10.1.1.1|
Manually Configuring your Belkin Router for Internet Access
Let me tell you, Belkin routers don’t use a setup CD for you to install it. You’d only need to set it up on your router’s web setup page.
Follow these steps in configuring your router for internet access:
- Plugging in your cables. You’ll need to power your modem and then connect your ethernet cable from the modem and through the router’s internet or WAN’s port. You can insert up till four cables on your router.
- After plugging in your cables, turn on the power of your modem and then of your router.
- Open your web browser and input your IP address.
- This will then lead you to a site; after that, log in your account credentials.
- Search and click for the Connection Type. This can be found under Internet WAN.
- Choose your type of connection. Here are the types of connection under it:
- Dynamic – is the most common type of connection. It uses a cable modem.
- Static – is the least common type, among others. You’ll know that your connection is static when you’re given an IP address that can never be modified.
- PPoE – click for this connection when your ISP provided you a given username and password.
- PPTP – is a connection that is best suitable for European countries. If your ISP advises you to use this, then choose this option.
- Telstra Bigpond/OptusNet Cable – you can only choose this option when you use Bigpond Cable and OptusNet Cable connection.
Take note! If you’re not sure about what to choose from on those types of connections, you can ask for assistance with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- The last step would be entering the provided details told by your ISP.
- Click Apply Changes, and you’re now down with configuring your router!
Resetting your Belkin Router
Unexpected things can happen that may lead to the only option of resetting your device. Ever forgotten a password to your account? There’s always an option that asks for you to reset your password. It’s no different with the Belkin Router. Here are the steps in resetting your Belkin router:
- Locate for the Reset button. This is always found on the back of your router.
- Press and hold for as long as 15 seconds the Reset button of your router. Make sure you’re doing this while your router is powered on.
- Wait for your router to restart. This usually takes up to one minute.
Following these steps, then you’ve completed resetting your router. Resetting your router would mean you’ll come back from the very start. If you’ve ever changed some of your factory settings, you’ll have to start again and redo the very first step.
About Belkin Router
Chet Pipkin (CEO of Belkin) have started way back the 1980’s and at his family garage. He wanted to give customers what they need, and so, he manufactured devices and started dealing with the computer market.
As of the current date, Belkin International now has three brands – Belkin, Linksys, and WeMo. They are known for having products that are simple and easy to use. They check on the people’s needs and empowers people to learn more about them.
Their products keep on improving from time to time and have used technology to their best advantage. If you’re ever curious about more of their products, you could go and search for more of their products on their main website.
Do Belkin Routers support Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) security?
- Older networks, however, may need a software update to enable WPA/WPA2.
When will I know if my computer is connected to the Wi-Fi?
- You’ll be able to see a solid white light on the front of the router when you’re already connected to the internet. Note that this does not apply to all routers and can change its colors depending on its model.
With Belkin’s main focus on customer’s needs, then I can surely say that they provide us with trustworthy routers. I’m sure this router can reach your expectations. I hope these details I’ve provided about Belkin Router Login really helped you out!